Sponsorship Visa

Expert Canada Sponsorship Visa

Child sponsorship program

The child sponsorship program allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their biological or adopted children under the age of 22 for permanent residence, as long as they are unmarried and have no children of their own.

To sponsor, you must meet the following:

  • Be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
  • Live in Canada or provide evidence, if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident.
  • Sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities
  • Provide proof of sufficient income and financial resources for the past 12 months to support your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children.

Parent or Grandparent Sponsorship

Canada’s commitment to family reunification extends to parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents through the parent and grandparent sponsorship program. To sponsor a parent or grandparent, citizens, and permanent residents will be required to demonstrate that they can financially support their family by meeting the Minimum Necessary Income(MNI) for the size of their family unit. They must also agree to financially support their sponsored family members if needed.

To sponsor, you must meet the following:

  • Canadian citizens and Permanent residents who are 18 years old or above;
  • Be sponsoring a member of the family Class;
  • Live in Canada;
  • Sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic requirements of the person being sponsored;
  • Sponsors must demonstrate the total minimum Necessary Income to support themselves and their family members in Canada.

Minimum Necessary Income (MNI)

Some family sponsorship programs require that the sponsor meet a minimum income level to support themselves and their family members, including the family members they are applying to sponsor. To assess their ability to financially support their family members, IRCC uses the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI)

Size of Family Unit
Minimum Income 2017
Minimum Income
Minimum Income
2 persons
3 persons
4 persons
5 persons
6 persons
7 persons
If more than 7 persons, for each additional person, add

Super Visa For Parents and Grandparents

The Super Visa program permits parents or grandparents of permanent residents or citizens of Canada to exit and enter Canada for visits several times over up to 10 years. These visitors are allowed to remain in Canada for a maximum of two years per visit. Sponsors can apply for a super visa who are unable to permanently support their parent or grandparent.

To sponsor, you must meet the following:

  • Canadian citizens and Permanent residents who are 18 years old or above;
  • Live in Canada;
  • Have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least twelve months
  • Provide proof that a child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold.
  • Have an immigration Medical exam.

Looking to sponsor your children or parents for a visa?

We’re here to assist you every step of the way. Contact us today!